HDC MidAtlantic has dedicated itself to a public purpose of providing quality housing and expanding residential opportunities for households with modest incomes. While HDC develops real estate for people of all economic levels, in addition to commercial use, we continue to strive to meet the growing demand for affordable housing. With strong support from lending institutions, as well as public and private investors, HDC has been able to aggressively pursue this purpose.
We manage and develop quality affordable housing.
HDC MidAtlantic will be the premier non-profit provider of affordable housing.
- Stewardship: We will prudently manage the financial and physical resources entrusted to us.
- Healthy Communities: We believe that an adequate supply of safe, high quality, affordable housing is central to building healthy communities.
- Financial Stability: We will operate in a fiscally prudent manner so that we can continue to pursue our mission.
- Diversity: We will embrace the benefits diversity brings to HDC and our communities.
- Opportunity: We will foster a workplace that encourages creativity and innovation, remaining open to change while providing opportunity for individual growth.
- Partnerships: We will partner with business, non-profits, faith based groups, community groups, and local governments to provide affordable housing and help build healthy communities.
Housing Development Corporation MidAtlantic was established in 1971 by a small group of committed community members with a shared vision to provide affordable homes for the elderly in Columbia, Lancaster County, Pa. Since then, the company has grown significantly and has emerged as one of the largest providers of affordable housing in south central Pennsylvania, offering a full spectrum of rental housing types to all ages. A private, mission-driven, 501(c)3 non-profit, HDC currently manages more than 3,000 rental apartments. HDC achieves its mission by providing quality affordable apartment homes, expanding residential opportunities for households with modest incomes, and assisting communities in their revitalization efforts. Through the creative adaptive re-use of obsolete buildings, property rehabilitation and new construction, we work with municipalities to fulfill their housing development objectives.