Preserving Affordable Housing
There are thousands of affordable multifamily rental housing properties which are in need of rehabilitation and recapitalization. Many of these properties were put into service in the 1970s and 1980s. Today, they are coming out of their compliance period. Many will convert to market rate multifamily rental properties; others may be sold for the value of their land.
Each time a project leaves the affordable housing inventory, the result is the same: those who can least afford it lose their home. The challenge of preserving this affordable housing and protecting our nation’s most vulnerable population has largely fallen to mission-driven, non-profit housing developers such as Housing Development Corporation MidAtlantic.
Due to this commitment to affordable housing preservation, HDC MidAtlantic has received a $250,000 grant from the nationally acclaimed John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
Why partner with HDC to preserve your affordable housing project?
Because HDC offers…
- 40 years of experience in affordable housing in Pennsylvania.
- Expertise in private and public funding opportunities.
- A willingness to explore joint venture projects means your interested parties stay involved.
- National award-winning redevelopment projects.
- State-of-the-art property management practices.
- Extensive understanding of complex affordable housing transactions.
- Unmatched reputation as a competent and compassionate mission-driven organization.
If you would like to talk to HDC regarding how we can help you preserve your affordable housing project, please call Ed Kaminski at 717/509-8045, or e-mail EdK@hdcweb.com.